With the first autumn signs in Sweden comes also our autumn biggest news: our 5th edition line-up!
New exciting places in Gamlestaden area of Gothenburg were inspiration to some very special evenings
and lovely premieres in this country!
Wednesday 17th we warm up (literally!) with the Bastujazzen #4 with concerts in sauna and at the Göteborg Roddförening, a legendary place.
Thursday 18th Tommy Caggiani Therion trio (TCTP) from La Rioja in Spain and the most famous jazz voice and composer from Portugal, Maria Joao invite us to drink a glass of wine at their concerts in the Wine Mechanics (the first winery in Gothenburg!)
Friday 19th it is Kulturnatta which brings culture to the city life and we contribute with several amazing concerts - with free entrance!
- Hjällbo church with MCV’s creative project ”Flyglar, finns dom?”, with Naoko Sakata solopiano.
- Ö.G.A.T. with the solobas player Björn Meyer playing “Provenance” (out on ECM Records).
- Bellevue Jazz with Axel Mårdsjö & Eric Liftig and Lars Janssons Trio.
Saturday 20th we return to Wine Mechanics to present a new band from Havtorn Records, We Float and the new sensation in European jazz, the multi-instrumentalist Esinam (Belgium). Then you all follow our paths to the Italian club for one more Havtorn band: Hannah Tolf band and after the icelandic debut! in Sweden for ADHD.
This years festival ends on Sunday with a full-day with
- Concert for children (and parents) Slabang at the Per Norby Kafferostare with a super good coffee (and fika!)
- partnership with Musik i Lerum, with the American artist Stacey Kent
- and finishing at Nylöse church with the Organic Organ Trio.
Ticket sales will be ON very soon at www.billetto.se or on our "Smygpremiär på Medborgahuset i Gamlestaden" (Note! Sept 25th!) with Susanna Risberg trio and the poet Bob Hansson.
/ Love, Silvia Sardeira, Gmlstn Jazz 2018 producent och programledare.